About the Team
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with nearly 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Search & Engagement team builds backend systems that help millions of members globally find and discover content they’ll love via Search, Voice UI, and other interactive experiences in the Netflix product.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design, code and lead projects to enhance our newly developed page serving capabilities. Your work will directly impact innovation velocity for multiple areas on the Netflix product such as Search, Post Play, and new page experiences. You will partner closely with the algorithm, infrastructure, and UI teams to define and evolve our serving stack and provide leadership on cross-functional projects. You will contribute to broader architecture discussions to shape how Netflix makes the systems even more resilient, flexible, and scalable to support new use cases, technologies, and increasingly more traffic.
- Experience building Large-Scale Distributed Systems
- Experience in both SOA and Microservices architectures
- Expertise in concurrent programming and data structures
- Strong principles towards writing clean, simple, maintainable code
- Experience leading cross-functional projects
- Strong verbal and written communication
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related field
Bonus points for any of the following
- Experience with GraphQL, gRPC, AWS, Docker or other container technologies
- Strong Java skills and knowledge
- Experience in API design and delivery
- Experience building consumer facing products
- Experience with A/B testing
- Full-stack experience
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.