1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the team
• We are constantly striving to improve search in various dimensions – Quality, Relevance, Speed, Costs, Real-time indexing, Uptime etc.
• We work in very small groups on each project to be fast and efficient.
• We keep it simple, keep it honest, and really strive to make Search better.
• We have fun working together (including building modded keyboards)
What you’ll do
• You’ll be responsible for working to enhance every aspect of the search experience: from indexing data to organization of the search results.
• Write elegant beautifully simple code in Ruby and …..
• Create out of the box solutions to help resolve search challenges.
• Design and develop high performance and highly available services used by millions of people every day.
• Collaborate with product managers and other key partners to help influence the next wave of search innovation.
• Be a part of a high performing Engineering team
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalentStrong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
• 2+ years of experience working on search/ranking/relevance problems
• Solid understanding good design principles that work well for large scale data
• Good troubleshooting skills to help debug and fix production issues in high availability systems
• Ability to form creative solutions, often when working with ambiguity.
• You can talk to product people and can translate technical requirements into achievable solutions.
• You believe in frequent releases and in building software that is easy to deploy and pain-free to operate.
Ideally, you have
• Strong expertise with ElasticSearch, Solr or lucene
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.