Etsy is hiring a Software Engineer to join our Search Quality team. This opportunity is excellent for someone with a backend focus with interest in applying Machine Learning to tackle user-facing problems.
The Etsy marketplace has an abundance of one-of-a-kind items from independent artists, designers and vintage collectors from around the world. You can join us in our challenge: to make it easier for buyers to find these remarkable goods and for creative entrepreneurs to find success through our platform.
Are you interested in empowering the growth of millions of small businesses? Excited about working at scale but keeping the uniqueness of our shops and inventory top of mind?
About the Team
Etsy’s Search Quality Team is responsible for ranking and presenting all search results. As an engineer on our team, you will play a major role in improving the shopping experience for millions of Etsy buyers. We’re well-rounded, collaborative group of engineers, data scientists, product managers, designers, and researchers. Here’s a taste of the problems we’re solving:
How can we help someone find that ideal item, even when they don’t know what they’re looking for?
How do we rank millions of search results in a matter of milliseconds, so that we’re always surfacing the best of Etsy?
How can we maximize the relevance of search results over an enormous range of queries and buyers?
How can the search experience make Etsy come to life and feel as vibrant as the community of makers that’s behind it?
You can learn more about our philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we’ve been solving on our Engineering blog: http://codeascraft.com/
We are language-agnostic in our approach to interviewing.
This role is located in our Brooklyn HQ.
- You will do well in this role if you:
- Have experience collaborating within a large codebase and working to create simplicity from complex systems
- As an analytical thinker, you understand how to wield data to make informed decisions about your work
- Enjoy writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Enjoy thinking about the implications of your work on end users. You are comfortable collaborating with Product Managers, Data Analysts, and Designers to ensure that you’re delivering impactful features
- Bonus points if you’ve worked on e-commerce search experiences or other large-scale systems, or if you are familiar with machine learning fundamentals
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.