Who We Are
TCGplayer was founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space. We have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We provide stock options to 100% of our 250 team members and project our team to grow to over 400 by the end of 2021.
With our initial goal of building the most dynamic and compelling marketplace for collectible card games in the U.S accomplished, we are now set to bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the entire $25B global collectible hobby market.
The Engineering Team at TCGplayer creates and maintains a suite of products in support of our role as the leading online marketplace for trading card games and collectibles. We build applications and technologies that connect thousands of businesses with customers across the collectible gaming industry, powering sales through physical stores, websites, mobile apps and the TCGplayer Marketplace.
Who You Are
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a driver for many of our projects here at TCGplayer. You will interface with technical teams, lead some projects, and mentor more junior engineers. You will be integral to upgrades for our website, including AWS migrations, microservice implementations, and choosing queueing methodologies. You will help design solutions for our sellers and our buyers, and create platforms for monitoring, managing and easing throughput of our services to ensure sales go through fast, fees are processed appropriately, and data integrity is maintained across all platforms.
We are looking for a seasoned ElasticSearch Pro that is excited about digging deep in complex search algorithms and developing the best search implementation for our flagship website portals. If you are a highly skilled ElasticSearch expert, then this position could be a perfect fit!
Impact You Will Make Here
- Developing thorough technical requirements based on business needs
- Developing high-quality code based on detailed designs that meet requirements
- Creating comprehensive documentation, conducting thorough testing and following defined change control processes
- Providing support for a mission-critical application
- Demonstrating a high level of initiative and attention to detail during daily operations
- Implementing and maintaining internal, private and public web services
- Leading or significantly contributing to medium-to-large feature releases—usually multi-person projects that cross engineering team boundaries
- Participating in the design review process, and seeking and providing constructive criticism
What You Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field plus 7 years practical experience, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with open source or commercial search technology such as Elasticsearch, Apache Lucene, or Apache Solr
- 8+ years of software development experience in a JVM language such as Clojure, Scala, Kotlin or any programming language
- 1+ years of experience in distributed systems design and large-scale data processing
- Experience with auto-suggests, search algorithms, recommendation engines, merchandising, and personalization
- Experience processing large data sets (streaming and batch)
- Experience with RDBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience with event processing mechanisms such as Kafka, AWS SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud deployment platforms
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- TCGplayer stock options for all employees
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer Fast Facts
TCGplayer has been named a Great Place to Work five consecutive years. Our award-winning workplace culture is critical to ensuring our teams are building the best, most innovative solutions for game store owners. Learn more about working at TCGplayer.
- TCGplayer Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment From Radian Capital
- TCGplayer Reveals New Showcase and Pro Retail App at GAMA 2019
- TCGplayer Certified Great Place to Work Fifth Year in a Row
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tcgplayer.com.