Senior Technical Product Manager, Search Infrastructure
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems – like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager on our Search team, you will define and establish the necessary infrastructure used to delight tens of millions of customers and support record breaking company growth. You’ll accomplish this by leading the development of our data platform (Solr) that’s leveraged everywhere we show products. By scaling this system you’ll define and build the breakthroughs necessary to catapult this critical capability to the next level. You’ll drive success through your technical dexterity, executive presence, and rigorous focus on delivering business value through elegant solutions. You’ll lead the charge by rallying a fully dedicated team of of engineers, analysts, and fellow product managers to define and execute on your vision.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of internal users and their use cases as well as internal business strategy / goals
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization, ensuring transparency across our roadmaps and surfacing opportunities to improve our collective velocity, consistency and/or quality
- Define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area
- Create a product vision and strategy that will help us delight our target users and achieve our business goals
- Translate our product vision / strategy into a well-sequenced roadmap, and ensure that your roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Partner closely with dedicated Engineering and Analytics teams to execute against your roadmap and continually improve team velocity
- Improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and have the biggest impact on our KPIs by using quantitative and qualitative data
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years experience in product management (B2C or B2B)
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level, as well as with cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for technical, quantitative, or scientific backgrounds)
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer-focused innovation
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit www.wayfair.com.