Siri helps hundreds of millions of people find the information they’re looking for. A critical part of that mission is helping them find information and navigate to local businesses, places of interest and addresses. Users rely on us for relevant and easy access to local information like finding a favorite or romantic restaurant, business hours, nearby coffee shop addresses, and directions to prominent locations. The Siri team is looking for people who want to bring their passion for local search to work. We combine strong technical skills, product vision, and a love of all things local to bring together the pieces needed to deliver a world class Maps experience in Siri and Spotlight.
- 5 years minimum of experience writing high-performance server software on Linux/Unix
- Ability to effectively deliver solutions in a large, complex environment
- Fluency in two of following languages: Go, Java, C/C++, Python, Scala, Ruby
- Experience with RESTful services and supporting production environments
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS is helpful
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and
- sound decisions
- Experience with mapping APIs; Google Maps, Bing Maps, Mapbox, OpenStreetMap
- Prior local search or maps experience
- Practical experience with Hadoop and extensive experience w/ SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with data transformation pipelines
- Experience with large scale search and machine learning systems
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
Apple’s Siri team is seeking a Software Engineer who will play a central role in developing Maps search features, from managing the big data systems and machine learning algorithms we use to power our results to the finest details in our final UI. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products from Apple. We are looking for people with experience in building rich user interfaces powered by sophisticated, high performance backend systems. This role will have the following responsibilities: • Architect & develop end to end systems to drive new search features in the Maps or local search space, from data injection and processing to query performance and product design • Collaborate with teams across Apple to ensure features are fully integrated across different platforms • Work closely with operations and project management teams
Education & Experience
MS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.