We’re looking for people who are passionate about creating great iOS applications.
You’ve been around for a few Xcode releases and you know how to delight iOS users. You’ve got an eye for the beautiful design our users expect and an attention to detail down to the very last pixel. You know your way around CA and UIKit and are eager to partner with Product and Design to craft efficient, performant, and delightful user experiences. You like building for the long term and value patterns and structures that allow for maximum flexibility in a constantly evolving product.
As an iOS Product Engineer, you will work with a cross-disciplinary team, using your extensive knowledge of building applications to make the Slack experience on iOS be the best it can possibly be. Your focus will be on search, working to make the search experience on mobile as delightful as possible. While the position is based in New York, you will be working with product and design locally and your mobile counterparts in San Francisco.
Slack on iOS is used by millions of people every week – we need engineers who want to make that experience as pleasant as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Experience developing highly performant code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- Extensive understanding of the Cocoa framework
- A familiarity with the iOS tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- An excellent understanding of best practices for concurrency and threading
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
- A passion for building and maintaining great open source projects or otherwise contributing to the iOS community
- Experience developing with Swift
To apply for this job please visit slack.com.