Want to re-invent how 10s of millions of people watch TV?
Fire TV remains the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the U.S. As we continue to involve the customer experiences on our products, we are looking for an experienced SDE to lead initiatives on Fire TV.
As an engineer on the search team you will define and deliver features that enable content discovery across Amazon and 3rd party catalogs, through text and voice. You will be embedded in a small team responsible for ownership of the entire search stack, including indexing infrastructure, relevance and ranking algorithms and ML models, big data & analytics jobs, and the search experience that customers ultimately engage with.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of industry experience in software development
· Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
· Experience with at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
· 5+ years of industry experience in software development
· Experience building complex, mission critical systems
· Experience with search technology, such as elastic search
· Experience developing on cloud based infrastructure
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Passion for digital entertainment, including TV and Movies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.