The Amazon Search team creates powerful, customer-focused search solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, the Amazon Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our Search Relevance team works to maximize the quality and effectiveness of the search experience for visitors to Amazon websites worldwide.
The Prime Video Relevance team is part of Amazon Search, which includes several engineering areas for improving search quality and effectiveness across all of Amazon. Prime Video is used by a massive audience on Amazon’s websites and through a variety of devices. The search relevance improvements you make in this position will help millions of customers discover the best content in our catalog of hundreds of thousands of digital content worldwide.
In this role, you will work with the latest AWS and ML tools to process huge datasets, generate features, train ML models and run A/B tests. Typical projects include developing new and improving existing behavioral features, building data pipelines, and discovering better ways to use user logs.
· Design, develop, and implement production level code that serves billions of search requests.
· Design and apply data driven and machine learning techniques to provide optimal ranking.
· Own the full development cycle: design, development, impact assessment, A/B testing (including interpretation of results) and production deployment.
· Develop new ranking features and techniques building upon the latest results from the research community.
· Collaborate with other engineers within Amazon.com to find technical solutions to complex design problems. Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· Participate in aspects of the R&D process, from experimenting with new ideas to exploring new techniques.
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world’s leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
· At least 3 years of experience in C++ or Java, as well as high-level scripting languages like Python or Perl.
· At least 1 year of experience in Information Retrieval and/or Data Mining.
· Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
· Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and software design.
· Proven ability to write rock solid production code that runs at scale.
· Ability to communicate well and discuss complex topics with both technical and business audiences.
· Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
· Practical experience in a variety of Machine Learning (ML) and modeling techniques including time series forecasting, decision trees, multi-linear / logistic regression, classification, regression and Bayesian analysis.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.