Website Capital Group
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Do you want to drive global impact through a company with nearly $2 trillion assets under management? Do you want to help millions of families reach their financial goals? Do you want to help build our next generation investment platform? Would you like to leverage the latest open source software running in AWS?
We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to help build our next generation search platform that our investment professionals will use to make better investment decisions. This role will collaborate directly with senior investment professionals and technology associates, creating and implementing detailed quality technical designs using existing and emerging technology platforms. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission and will drive for superior long-term investment results. The ideal candidate will apply modern engineering and analytical methods to deliver customer-focused value.
- You will independently implement new features in a highly collaborative work environment alongside product managers and fellow engineers.
- You will write legible, resource-efficient, and performant code.
- You will collaborate with business partners and internal customers.
- You will share technical solutions and product ideas through team planning, design review, pair programming, code review, and technical discussions.
- You will take on projects and make software enhancements that improve team software and processes.
- While you are an agent of change with a sense of urgency, you are respectful of what came before.
- 7+ years’ experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++ or C#. Strong OO or Functional design skills with understanding of common design patterns.
- An expert in search technologies, tuning search performance, and ranking and relevance. Expert with ElasticSearch preferred.
- Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
- Willingness and ability to own all stages of the development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support.
- Outstanding communication skills, ability to establish and maintain a close working relationship with distributed team members and business partners.
- Familiar with current technologies applied in the fields of machine learning, data science, NLP and/or AI.
- Knowledge of data stores, SQL and No-SQL preferred.
- Experience with AWS services (S3, containers – ECS & EKS, Lambda) preferred.
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.capitalgroup.com.