Amazon Search creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies.Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide, and types in a query or browses through product categories, Amazon Search goes to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day.
We seek an experienced technical QA leader to drive and ensure the quality and reliability of the search technologies used by the world’s largest ecommerce site. The search engine is a core component of the user experience and has to handle massive scale and tremendous growth. It is continuously evolving at a rapid pace and is built on the latest technologies.
This job will lead an exceptional team of QA engineers with a strong team-oriented culture. You must thrive in motivating, challenging and growing the individual team members.
You will help drive the long term vision for search quality, and lead efforts to get us there. You will produce dramatic change in aspects of our development life cycle to drive quality upstream; as early in the development process as possible. You will lead projects to facilitate and automate testing for the Development and QA teams.
You must possess strong hands-on technical skills, and enjoy seeing high quality systems deployed, as you lead all facets of the QA lifecycle – from participating in design reviews, to authoring and reviewing test plans and test cases, leading to successful production deployments. In order to be an effective leader you should have expertise in performance engineering, quality engineering, testing backend and front-end components for high traffic websites, and the agility to operate within short release cycles.
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world’s leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· At least 10 years of overall software engineering experience.
· At least 5 years of development and testing management experience
· At least 5 years of building testing frameworks and passion for test automation
· Industry experience coding in C, C++, Java, and/or Python.
· Industry experience in SQL, NoSQL, and Relational Databases.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· High technical competence, track record of strong coding and technical accomplishment
· Knowledge and hands-on experience with open source test automation tools
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present to senior management
· Strong project management skills
· Proven track record for high quality product delivery
· Experience being a mentor to junior team members, giving technical advice and direction, and providing hands-on management
· Driven, creative, and results oriented
· Highly proficient in Unix/Linux
· Industry experience in testing large scale enterprise products
· Diverse interests and a passion for technology
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.