Website Ask Apps
Location: *Just a 25 minute train ride from Grand Central to Yonkers, NY
A division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), Ask Applications is one of the world’s largest distributors of desktop applications, browser extensions, and PC optimization software. Our mission is simple: build cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our extensive portfolio includes hundreds of lifestyle, entertainment, and utility apps such as FromDoctoPDF and MapsGalaxy, that serve more than 120 million monthly active users worldwide.
As an experienced software engineer, you are an integral part of the team. You are able to take on work with minimal assistance or guidance. You are an active participant in grooming and design sessions, contributing to our ever-evolving systems and architecture.
How You Will Help
- Build some cool stuff, learn new things, have fun
- Leverage modern technologies to enhance products and businesses
- Quickly and efficiently design and develop high quality products in an Agile environment
- Help drive projects through all stages utilizing best practices, from idea to launch
- Engage with product, marketing and others to define new projects
- Actively share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
What We Need
- Fast learner that takes pride in their work and is very passionate about software technology
- High ambition, low ego, detail oriented, organized and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience building high performance applications using Java, Spring, Maven, and other back end frameworks
- Experience building and deploying applications in the cloud
- Understanding of Functional Programming concepts and patterns
- Solid foundation in computer science, from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
- Excellent systems, analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- An intrinsic drive for excellence and continuous improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement and enthusiasm for technology
- Approximately 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) as well as interest in a fast paced, complex, multi-team environment
Things We Love
- React / Redux, Rx and other modern dev experience is a plus
- Experience with front-end build systems (Node.js, Webpack, Babel, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with automated testing (Mocha, Jasmine, etc.) is a plus
- GitHub, Stack Overflow, OSS contributions are wonderful
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) experience is a plus
- Or a willingness to learn the above!
Why Ask Applications?
- A fun working environment with a lot of perks including but not limited to:
- Unlimited PTO!
- Free Parking!
- Company Contribution towards Commuter Benefits!
- Fully stocked kitchen!
- Fitness, yoga, and massages!
- Environment where you can mentor and learn from others.
“We’re improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration”
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people and you’ll see why they commute up to Yonkers, NY! This is Ask Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it’s like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LESnUOvl8c
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.