Songclip powers the music in your favorite apps! We’re at the start of a revolution in how people will use music to communicate. Look at the unicorns that have been built on simple concepts like photo and video filters. Now imagine what would happen if those same minds were truly set free to innovate with music. What would that look like? Do you want to help make it happen? Come join us!
The Songclip API delivers fully compliant music clips to enhance user experience, drive engagement, increase revenue and make everything more fun. We have long-term relationships and the support of the music industry, from labels to publishers to managers and artists. Songclip has issued patents around the process of inserting music into messaging and matching audio and video dynamically. Our team manages all usage reporting and payments to the music labels, publishers and performance right organizations.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Search Relevance Specialist) who will primarily be expected to build, improve, implement and help deploy our (a) search & match ELK platform using, (b) data analysis based on user and third party data pipelines (batch and realtime) and, (c) use machine learning backend services to improve search relevance & match on ELK. You will work as part of our software engineering team to improve the search experience on our API used by global partners. You will be expert in blending retrieval, relevancy and personalization to help our partners facilitating their customers find the song clips that delights them. In addition, you will be working with a small, creative team with little hierarchy and will directly influence engineering and product decisions.
What You Will Do
- Design, implement, test, and integrate relevancy algorithms to improve search/match of assets using ELK.
- Design, implement, unit-test, and integrate software features using ELK services with NodeJS and Python.
- Perform data analysis based on user behavior using ELK and SQL data stores.
- Troubleshoot software issues.
- Perform requirements analysis and author high-level and detailed requirements.
- Test and improve implemented code.
- Collaborate effectively with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence and helping level up peer engineers.
- Author scripts and utilities.
- Participate in defining team culture and product vision.
- Innovate and find opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline.
- 3+ years knowledge on big data platform infrastructure using ELK.
- Hands on experience developing ranking algorithms
- 2+ years in machine learning methods (special interest on deep learning)
- 5+ years software development experience in our tech stack (NodeJS)
Web-based backend & frontend experience.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong proficiencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Familiar with NodeJS and Python
- Familiar in SQL databases PostgreSQL.
- Proficient in REST APIs (use and implementation).
- Familiar with AWS tools and infrastructure.
- Familiar with Linux (Ubuntu and/or CentOS).
- Proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality.
- Innovative mindset and ability to adapt and improvise.
- Comfortable working in a small team, entrepreneurial setting; ability to navigate and thrive in ambiguity.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Stock Option Plan
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.