LexisNexis is transforming legal research. Our search index contains more than 81 billion richly annotated legal documents, creating an unprecedented legal knowledge graph. Our technology changes how lawyers practice the law and search relevance is a primary driver of customer success. We continue to heavily invest in advanced technologies (machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, analytics) and critical search expert talent to take our products to the next level.
This role will be dedicated to the development of the next-generation search platform for LexisNexis, dramatically improving how our users search and find the answers to their legal questions. We are looking for someone who can bring their own perspective on how to solve a variety of internal and external opportunities. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward.
What you will be doing:
- Build the next generation search experience utilizing technologies as SolrCloud, Solr Plugins, Apache Spark, AWS
- Creating a scalable, elastic search solution to meet the needs and demands of our customers
- Being a vocal team member, expressing your opinion, contributing to the technical conversation
- Pushing the needle forward on how to develop and deploy solutions to solve for customer needs faster and with confidence
What you will need:
- At least 3 years of experience in active code commits towards a large, complex enterprise system, preferably in Java
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Technologies including: S3, SNS, EC2, ECS/EKS, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudFormation, CloudWatch
- Understanding that failure is learning. You should not be afraid to lean into ideas and experiment to flesh them out
- Working knowledge of Agile Team practices (Scrum or Kanban)
- A deep passion for using technology to solve customer problems
What would separate you from others:
- Working experience with open source search engines – Solr or ElasticSearch
- Working knowledge of XP Development Methodologies – Pair Programming and TDD
- Working experience with Kubernetes & Docker
- Working experience in Continuous Delivery / Release, Blue/Green Deployments, Feature Flags
To apply for this job please visit 4re.referrals.selectminds.com.