Who We Are:
Twitter Search is a fast growing search engine, which our users rely on to find public accounts and conversations. The product requires building a high quality experience for a wide range of queries in real time. Often this means our systems need to understand the intent behind user queries, be able to match large streams of content with that intent, which are then ranked and displayed. We build technology to enable us to deliver this at scale. We have a mix of Systems and Applied ML engineers who work on the user facing product, as well as the models that improve the quality of the product.
What You’ll Do:
You will lead diverse, capable and driven ML Managers and ML Engineers and align their career ambitions with business requirements and opportunities. You will collaborate broadly to develop product and technology which provides great return on investment.
- Lead the vision and mission for the Search group (consisting of 2 teams – Search Product and Search Quality). Be responsible for the group’s technical strategy and roadmap.
- Mentor the professional development of direct reports, managers and senior ICs, through personal and performance management. Form a collaborative team.
- Build strong relationships with other functions, partner with them to deliver value to our users.
- Be an engineering talent magnet to make the Search successful in its established mission.
Who You are:
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale. You care about setting up healthy distributed teams and collaborative environments.
- You have led multiple teams with responsibility for machine learning & software development in production.
- You have strong software engineering background, and have built relevance driven product.
- You are skilled at coaching and guiding your directs through their career, and growing them to the next level.
- You’re capable of communicating & collaborating with our business, product, engineering, design and research colleagues to discover new opportunities that benefit Twitter.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science with a focus on machine learning, mathematics or a related quantitative field or commensurate work experience. Strong background in software engineering.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a large engineering organization, both in terms of scale and complexity of the mission.
To apply for this job please visit careers.twitter.com.