Redwood City, CA or US Remote
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
In this role, you will be responsible for driving and evangelizing two key Box products: Box Search and Box Metadata. Box Search has a direct, positive impact on millions of users every day and is central to our product experience across mobile, web, and desktop. We need a product leader who is passionate about helping users find content in the most intuitive way possible using an engine that produces highly relevant results.
Box’s Metadata product line has seen 100%+ growth every year since it launched, and that growth continues to accelerate. Metadata plays a central part in our cloud content management strategy by enabling customers to enrich content and make it more valuable. Metadata powers some of our most valuable and differentiated product experiences today, such as our ability to automatically scan, identify, and classify content (e.g. data loss protection, malware, etc.). And we’re only just getting started with Metadata, as customers look to use content metadata to drive high-value use cases such as business processes, governance, contract management, and more.
We’re looking for an advocate, operator and product leader to own the vision for Metadata and Search and to mobilize Box to realize that vision.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own, align and drive the roadmap for our Search and Metadata products across all the Box modalities (desktop, mobile, web)
- Work with the engineering teams to build a technology vision, anticipate scale challenges, map business requirements to technical vision
- Increase the service capabilities of Metadata and Search to better support internal and external developers.
- Bring consumer-quality experiences and a focus on productivity to drive the strategy for the fastest growing area of Box.
- Partner with Customer Success, Box Consulting and Product Support to deliver value that exceeds customer expectations
- Provide guidelines to solutions architecture, consulting, and sales engineers on best practices for high-scale deployments
- Support the creation of product marketing materials, blog posts, and other content that highlights the technical thought leadership of Box
You should not be afraid to question assumptions, possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills to articulate ideas as well as influence others.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a creator, evangelist, and product manager, defining our story and laying out the infrastructure to power internal and external teams.
- You have a track record of delivering Software as a Service and/or cloud platform products at scale
- You have a technical background with experience in building highly scalable, extremely reliable services
- You love getting into the nitty-gritty details of technical infrastructure and solving for both customer value and cost.
- You understand the business and the analytics/metrics that drive success for platform and SaaS products.
- You have an innate curiosity and willingness to dive deep into product architecture
- 4+ years experience as a product manager or related position, where you’ve built and launched products with highly cross-functional teams.
- Proven record of delivery and building platform services that are used by other product teams
- You have a technical degree and/or background (CS, EE, ME, Physics etc.) ideally with systems experience
- Experience working as a product manager with end-user product design and/or enterprise products is a plus
- Experience with search relevance, machine learning, and micro-services is a plus
- Experience with enterprise content management and SaaS is a plus
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our
To apply for this job please visit careers.box.com.