Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. The Search and Recommendation team is seeking a product leader who is excited about accelerating Groupon’s transformation into a marketplace that helps customers live better.
In this role, you are the product leader for Marketplace Experience, solving complex problems such as merchant search & discovery, optimization of merchant ranking, prediction of merchant performance, and recommendations for customers by partnering with talented product analysts, data scientists, software engineers, business stakeholders, and global leadership teams. You will build intelligent products that utilize advanced Machine Learning and statistical models for Search & Recommendations, which power 80% of customer journeys on Groupon. You will establish strategic roadmap and lead successful execution using agile methodologies to drive product development and large-scale initiatives for Groupon.
We’re a “best of both worlds” kind of company. We’re big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We’re curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time doing the following:
- Defines and execute a multi-faceted global Product Strategy that includes balancing the needs of our consumers, merchants and businesses around the world.
- Become the global leader and spokesperson for Marketplace Experience throughout the company.
- Own working relationships, establish operating models, and lead product development across functional partners in multiple engineering, analytics, and business organizations.
- Owns multiple machine learning and algorithmic products in Search and Recommendation
- Own product backlog and prioritization
- Regularly make decisions that impact product design, development and planning for a single product, product area or multiple product areas that impact several teams or functions.
- Sets appropriate KPI targets and achieve incremental improvements on key metrics and KPIs to drive value for our customers and businesses
- Influences organizational processes and culture
- Provides specialized business insight to colleagues across the organization
- Creates and drives standards for product, cross-functional and company-wide communication.
- Partners with functional, engineering, and product executives across the organization
- Strong command of verbal and written communication to lead presentations in executive meetings
- Lead lasting transformation on career trajectory of multiple team members.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 6+ years of relevant industry experiences with proven track record
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experiences in developing business cases with ROI analysis
- Extensive experiences crafting comprehensive user stories and defining customer/business problems
- Strong quantitative analysis skills with ability to communicate actionable insights from data
- Strong organizational and project management skills to manage multiple competing priorities
- Relevant experiences in implementing Machine Learning and statistical modeling products or solutions
- Must be able to collaborate and lead across functional boundaries and across multiple organizational levels
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
To apply for this job please visit www.grouponcareers.com.