Website Walmart Labs
In this role you will
- Act as a thought leader to identify right problems to solve for our customers
- Design and implement state of the art Machine Learning approaches
- Work as a tech lead and define the roadmap for yourself and co-workers
- Develop end-to-end ownership of major customer facing technologies
- Stay up-to-date with the state of the art techniques of Machine Learning, Information Retrieval
- Become an expert either in NLP or Computer Vision
- Push the boundaries of Machine Learning to benefit internal and external community
- Be a brand ambassador for @WalmartLabs
- PhD in computer science or similar field with 5+ years of experience
- Highly proficient in Python or Java
- Extremely hands on in building Machine Learning products
- Experience in building data products and crunching terabytes of data
- A good portfolio of machine learning projects with a significant impact on the bottom line
- Experience in working as a tech lead
- Blog posts, papers or conference talks showing your involvement in the community
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with Deep Learning
- Contributions to open source ML projects
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Are you an online shopper? Are you an avid researcher who is passionate about words and relevance? If so, the Search team is looking to hire an Data Scientist for Walmart Grocery. The candidate will be responsible for building the Walmart Grocery’s e-commerce search engine.
Whenever a user types a search query or browses through product categories on our websites or apps, our service goes to work.
We aspire to create a world-class search and browse experience for customers, helping them easily find what they are looking for.
We mine structured and semi-structured data from product catalogs, query logs, customer behavior, etc., and design, develop, and operate petabyte-scale, low-latency, fault-tolerant data systems.
We build complex relevance and ranking models using advanced machine learning techniques.
To apply for this job please visit careers.walmart.com.