About the Role
The Staff Machine Learning Engineer on the Uber Eats Discovery team (aka Search & Recommendations/Personalization) will be expected to be involved in all aspects of the team.
As of today, the team has 3 sub-tracks:
- Core: Backend scalability, Data reliability, Product features
- Feed/Recommendations: Multi-objective optimization, Core Ranking Improvements, Ranking Platform
- Search: Search Retrieval & First Pass Ranking, Assisted Search, Search Relevance with Food Graph
What You’ll Do
Depending upon your expertise and interest, you will be expected to be heavily involved in ONE or MORE of the following:
- Building state-of-the art relevance for UberEats feed and search results
- Building out a food-graph (or knowledge platform) that is highly leveraged across all the teams’ surfaces
- Working closely with ML-Infra teams (like Search and Michelangelo) to guide the building of next gen Infra
What You’ll Need
- Previous domain expertise in some Applied ML field, Recommendations, Search, Ads, Content relevance etc.
- Proven track record in leading, roadmapping, help collaborate across teams and functions.
Bonus Points If
- Previous expertise on distributed systems and/or ML Infra
- Excited about scalability and reliability of systems
About the Team
The Uber Eats Discovery team is responsible for serving and personalization of Feed, Search and Menu flows in the Eats app. The team’s mission is to build a reliable, personalized and leverageable platform to enable effortless food discovery for consumers everywhere. As the world moves towards high adoption of delivery services, we believe that effortless discovery will be one of the biggest product differentiators in the years to come.
The team owns 3 tier-1 (business critical) services, 30 machine learning models in production and over 300 data pipelines which ETL and monitor the data used for these models. The team vision can be found here
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
To apply for this job please visit www.uber.com.