Website Course Hero
Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Staff Machine Learning engineer to take ownership of the design and implementation of Course Hero’s consumer-facing search, and work on a lot of fun and challenging projects that range from query understanding, click modeling, inferring user intent, semantic search, and personalizing content recommendations to our users. You’ll be a technical leader who provides mentorship to team members, drive execution on key projects and participate in the improvement of our software systems. You can view these videos to learn more about our engineering culture, and our company mission. You can also hear from Saurabh Khanwalkar, Director of Search Intelligence, on what we’re looking for in this role.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Build Semantic Search capabilities ground-up using NLP, Deep Learning, and Learning-to-Rank techniques
- Improve the relevancy and functionality of our consumer-facing search and recommendations by combining the capabilities of Elasticsearch with the application of Machine Learning over our vast dataset
- Work with our engineering, product and design teams to build new features, tools and functionality with AWS, Docker, Elasticsearch, Tensorflow, Keras, SparkML and Flask microservices
- Leverage ML, NLP and advanced IR techniques to help solve problems beyond user-facing search – these include question-answering, recommendations, natural language understanding, semantic query understanding applications
Are you our next Staff Machine Learning Engineer?
- MS in machine learning, computer science, information retrieval or other highly quantitative fields
- 5+ years of building search relevancy ranking, semantic matching systems
- NLP – Semantic search behind the queries to deliver high-precision experiences
- 3+ years of experience in Machine Learning | Deep Learning frameworks such as Tensorflow or Keras, and Scikit-Learn
- You have past experience building named-entity recognition, query expansion, recommenders, and relevancy ranking components from ground-up using machine learning and clickthrough data
- Proficient in Python, Java or Scala
- Passionate about natural language processing and deep learning, and are constantly learning as the field evolves
- Passionate about education
- Publications in top conferences such as NIPS, ICML, and KDD
- Click Prediction
- SparkML Framework
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall – Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page
To apply for this job please visit www.coursehero.com.