Etsy is the leading global marketplace for unique and handmade goods, with more than 65 million listings from a network of sellers across a wide range of categories. Our mission is to keep commerce human.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our Search team. Etsy has an inventory unusually unique to the e-commerce space and a customer base passionate about high quality products. As the lead Product Manager for Search Ranking, you will be charged with helping buyers find the perfect item by defining the vision and roadmap for ranking and relevance, and executing it. You will own the core technology driving our customer outcomes, working with domain specialists to improve the search experience for millions of buyers every day. You will work closely with design and experience teams to provide the right information, at the right time for our buyers and sellers. You will play a central role in blending state of the art research for information retrieval, personalization, and relevancy to help buyers navigate Etsy’s extensive marketplace and deliver outstanding customer experiences. You will closely partner with extraordinary talent across engineering, design, seller communications and marketing, to create an industry leading search experience!
This role has flexibility to be based in San Francisco or Brooklyn.
About the Role
- Lead product management for one of Etsy’s highest performing product teams and build roadmaps for Search Ranking across Etsy’s mobile and web properties
- Define vision and strategy, setting the stage for long term, continued success
- Work with partner teams to gather input and define priorities leading to product execution
- Integrate usability studies, quantitative and qualitative research and market analysis into product design
- Define, build and analyze metrics for the success of products
- Blend applied research with strong incremental delivery
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of relevant work experience in Search or other similar field
- Experience working with highly cross functional teams
- Great communicator, able to talk shop with engineering partners, and communicate vision to business leaders
- Strong desire to continually innovate and incrementally deliver value
- MS, MBA or PhD preferred
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- 7+ years product management
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational skills, and search intuition with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Experience developing Search and Machine Learning driven products or technologies is helpful
- Experience with e-commerce or two-sided marketplaces
- Experience with relevance and ranking algorithms
- Experience working in R&D environments
To apply for this job please visit www.etsy.com.