GIPHY is the world’s largest platform to search, discover, and create all the GIFs. We’re the leading brand in short-form entertainment and visual communication.
GIPHY is integrated in iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack, WhatsApp and many more, serving over 7 billion GIFs daily to over 500 million people across the globe. We are also creating the largest distributed ad platform for short form media.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for like-minded, talented people to join us.
How do you deliver relevant search results quickly across a vast content library? How can the relevance of those results be measured? How can we engineer search to learn from its past performance? How can our search optimize for contextual signals like app, language, location, and time-of-day?
We are looking for an outstanding engineer to help us tackle problems like these at scale. This engineer will be responsible for improving the world’s best GIF and Sticker search engine.
You’ll be joining a wildly creative, fun and talented group of individuals who are passionate about building out the future of micro entertainment.
What You’ll Do:
- Further develop the innovative search platform supporting all GIPHY apps and partner integrations.
- Manage and scale a high-traffic, low latency search engine, while continuing to grow its capabilities and product features.
- Develop, test, and introduce new features + signals for our search via natural language processing, computer vision, analysis of user engagement data, etc.
- Use and further develop our multivariate + A/B testing framework for search to evaluate new features and maximize insight from our data.
- Apply a structured approach to predict, measure and evaluate the trade-offs of possible solutions to search-related business problems, taking into account varied data and practical considerations such as implementation time to market, cost, and scalability.
- Work with languages such as Scala, Python; and tools/libraries such as Elasticsearch, Akka, Spark, Luigi, Kinesis, Kubernetes/Docker, and AWS.
Who You Are:
- Experience working on a full-text search product at significant production scale
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or other technical field preferred or relevant experience (7+ years)
- Strong communication skills, creative problem-solving and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to decompose large, complex problems into smaller actionable parts
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr, or equivalent search technology
- Experience analyzing + computing data at scale with tools such as Spark, MapReduce, Hive, Presto, Redshift, etc.
- JVM experience (Scala or Java) preferred
- Natural language processing and machine learning experience a plus
- AWS experience a plus
- Sense of humor and love of GIFs
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, 4 month maternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), 1 month paternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), free lunch every day, free gym membership and lots of other fun perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.