The Taxonomist will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining effective taxonomies to further enhance solution-oriented initiatives in healthcare. The successful candidate will have applicable work experience building and curating healthcare-related taxonomies and terminologies for effective data management, as well as end-user search and dynamic retrieval.
The successful candidate for this challenging position must have an aptitude for complex, analytical work with attention to detail. They will interact with various stakeholders in the organization and must be comfortable interacting with diverse groups within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Maintain and enhance solution-oriented taxonomy and information architecture for effective data management, as well as end-user search and dynamic retrieval.
- Develop templates and/or processes to ensure operational understanding and adherence related to meta-data requirements.
- Maintain HealthStream’s enterprise taxonomy, information architecture and metadata by:
- Ensuring candidate term submissions meet the criteria and standards for inclusion in healthcare-related terminologies, including developing and sourcing terms, facets, and definitions; defining taxonomy structure; removing outdated terms; applying proper naming conventions, normalizing variants, and writing disambiguation rules.
- Reviewing and researching candidate taxonomy terms for accuracy of definitions and placement in appropriate vocabularies
- Effectively communicate and document updates to the taxonomy and release information to internal stakeholders.
- Troubleshooting and, if necessary, escalating issues through proper channels.
- Work with HealthStream’s Knowledge Management team and other stakeholders to implement updates and changes to existing information architecture.
- Assess and enrich learning assets on the HealthStream Platform.
- Performs domain analysis, develops and applies controlled vocabularies to aid in search and discovery to support the information needs of the business
- Participates with HealthStream’s Knowledge Management Team and internal stakeholders in business planning for information and metadata needs
- Shares knowledge and contributes to the development of information management products and services at HealthStream
1. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing and implementing taxonomy and meta-data models, preferably in healthcare and/or SaaS-based knowledge management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with standard medical terminologies and controlled vocabularies, such as Medical Subject Headings (MeSH), Unified Medical Language System (UMLS), etc.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Taxonomy Management software such as PoolParty Thesaurus Manager.
- Proven ability to take initiative, work independently, and provide relevant thought leadership.
- Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science or related field a plus
2. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills and facility communicating effectively with remote colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various teams within the organization.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of the purpose and structure of metadata schemas and controlled vocabularies, including taxonomies and ontologies.
- Familiarity with ANSI/NISO Z39.19 Guidelines for the Construction, Format, and Management of Controlled Vocabularies
- Familiarity with XML, RDF, and W3C Semantic Technology Standards.
- Familiarity with, or ability to learn Linked Data principles and standards
- Conceptual knowledge of the purpose and use of Natural Language Processing and Text-Analytics
- Ability to write SQL queries to extract and analyze data a plus.
3. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proven ability to plan, execute and manage taxonomy and information architecture projects in healthcare, ensuring audience applicability.
- Proven ability to work independently, exhibiting a high level of personal ownership and accountability.
- Attention to detail and tenacious attitude toward metadata management and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders to extract requirements and effectively communicate methodologies and processes that affect taxonomy growth and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry with an understanding of healthcare issues, workforce development and competence, and learning management.
- Flexibility to be organized, productive and effective in a dynamic environment, involved with a variety of simultaneous projects
HealthStream is an equal opportunity employer. HealthStream prohibits employment practices that discriminate against individual employees or groups of employees on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or federal law
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.