Hundreds of millions of customers. Billions of queries per year. The Amazon Search team creates powerful, customer-focused search technologies that select results from billions of potential matches and renders them into a delightful shopping experience. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, our services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions every day. We are continuously innovating and need robust experimentation to deliver for customers in all areas of search including ranking, matching, and the UX.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to work closely with engineers and scientists to raise the quality bar and streamline the process for online experimentation. This role requires working with a wide range of backgrounds of team members (engineers, computer scientists, economists, and senior leaders) who are designing, executing, and analyzing complex experiments. You will address search-internal experimenters as well as hundreds of partner teams. Specifically, you will:
· Coordinate experiment reviews and lead educational best-practice campaigns for all stakeholders.
· Translate stakeholder feedback into experimentation process improvements.
· Gather requirements and drive rollout of automated experiment monitoring system.
· Optimize experiment scheduling mechanisms, in order to accelerate innovation.
· Drive consistent and clear communication of experiment results, to promote good decision-making.
· BS/MS in a technical field (engineer, computer science, statistics, finance/economics) , or equivalent industry experience
· 7+ years industry experience in complex engineering systems or with a data/analytics focus
· 5+ years of industry experience as a project manager delivering large, technical, cross-functional projects
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders
· Master’s degree in a statistically oriented discipline or related field
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
· Industry experience as a data scientist or software engineer
· Experience using, designing, or building large-scale experimentation systems
· Experience with web or eCommerce search or performance advertising
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.