As a global leader in travel, Expedia Group helps millions of people every day go places and create lifelong memories. Our Marketplace & Yield organization enables the best consumer and supplier experiences with relevant search and content availability for the right price which, in all, instills trust in our partners, consumers, and suppliers.
Our Search & Discovery team, a critical area of our business, is looking for a VP, Product Management to guide our Product roadmap and strategy, and develop and grow our distributed team of engineers. We are a data-driven organization, with a desire to win, and an appetite to solve difficult problems. This product leader will partner closely with our engineering, analytics, and engineering teams to build fabulous experiences that brings the world within reach for our customers and suppliers.
What you’ll do:
- Build and execute the product strategy and roadmap for Search including all Search components (recommendations, ranking, search box, contextual filters, etc.)
- Define the customer problems in the marketplace
- Build value for Expedia Group and our two-sided marketplace
- Define the key opportunities and customer segments to prioritize
- You will drive machine-learning and optimization efforts to help improve how we collect and influence customer intent, understand the relevant product options, and rank options
- Set objectives and key results and performance indicators for Search & Discovery management cross product, technology, operations, and analytics functions
- Build and lead an engaged and inspired organization of top talent which drives innovation
- Provide support and change leadership to guide the organization through the platform evolution
- You will work closely with teams and partners collaborate on priorities and dependencies, and plan for tracking delivery and results.
- Implement health metrics to measure the impact of ranking, geo and discovery optimization strategies and actions and go to market strategy if needed
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Equivalent Experience; Technical degree or meaningful product experience is applicable.
- 10+ years’ experience in product management and leading big teams
- 5+ years’ experience of search relevance experience within a digital or e-commerce space
- Shown success in developing consumer product with high quality user experience
- Passion for leading, mentoring and scaling product teams to reach their full potential
- Experience defining end to end product mission, strategy, and roadmap
- Able to focus and be flexible to changing circumstances while applying analytical and technical skills to craft corporate initiatives
- Successes in attracting, developing, and motivating the talent needed for current and future business needs.
- Demonstration of maintaining high performance expectations and leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in communicating a clear vision (verbally and in writing) to partners, employees, and leaders.
- Some travel required
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
To apply for this job please visit lifeatexpediagroup.com.