Website A Place for Mom
The ideal candidate is a proven, passionate and outcome-oriented product leader with extensive hands-on experience in understanding business objectives to drive product vision, strategy, and execution around customer acquisition, retention, content, search, and understanding customer segmentation.
- Create a product vision about a longer-term outcome that has an impact on the lives of our customers. Develop a product strategy to achieve the product vision.
- Evangelize product vision, strategy and motivate the team to deliver on a shared vision.
- Define Objectives & Key Results to be achieved for your product area. Develop key customer metrics for optimizing products for the desired outcome.
- Establish a culture of testing and learning within your team to improve customer experience
- Build and develop an innovative and customer-obsessed digital product team by recruiting top talent and designing the team’s organizational structure to foster a delivery focused product culture.
- Define Minimal Viable Product (MVP) and develop A/B tests to test and evolve.
- Conduct market opportunity assessment, market, and competitive analysis to insure we are solving the right problem in the right market.
- Lead product team(s) made up of cross-functional team members from Design, Development, Product and Analytics functions to deliver the product objective.
- Conduct product and user segmentation and funnel analysis to understand user journey. Work with user experience and design teams to develop customer personas, prototype products, and test ideas with existing and new customers.
- Conduct product discovery using story mapping or other techniques to define the work that will create most delightful user experience and to prioritize feature set.
- Partner with business stakeholders and customers to ensure the product we are creating can solve customer needs and create business value.
- Present business case, and product strategy to peers and senior leadership to solicit buy in for products and features.
- Work in product teams using Agile (SCRUM) product delivery principles to help increase team performance and improve customer satisfaction.
- Implement business and product analytics to measure the desired outcome of product features.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 10+ years of product management experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a people manager.
- 4+ years of experience in consumer-facing, acquisition focused web and mobile experiences.
- Experience in leading and development of 3 to 5 product managers and teams.
- Ability to think holistically about the customer journey, from our web site to our call centers, our community partners and beyond.
- Ability to work hand in hand with user experience and engineering teams to deliver the desired business outcome.
- Ability to think big picture, but you can roll up your sleeves to solve what is in front of you.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A collaborator at heart with a firm belief that it takes multiple points of feedback and perspective to develop the right strategy.
- Ability to analyze product performance data and generate actionable insights
- Experience in optimizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- Experienced in working using Agile (SCRUM) methodology.
- Experienced in implementing and understanding business and product analytics using tools like Google Analytics, Omniture or Amplitude.
- Experienced in designing and implementing A/B tests.
- Use of heat map tools and prototyping.
- Expert in product discovery techniques like story mapping.
- Open to travel.
To apply for this job please visit careers-aplaceformom.icims.com.