Who We Are
Wayfair Data Science powers automation & decision support across all Wayfair business units. Our algorithms tackle a varied & broad spectrum of challenges in the Wayfair marketplace; from empowering suppliers to easily add products to our catalog, to enabling our customers to discover and purchase a vast & diverse assortment of home goods.
This leader will own the algorithmic vision for our Search product, lead a team of scientists and work in partnership with our engineering & product organizations to design a multi-year roadmap and execute the goal of building a search platform that is ever evolving to better help our customers to discover and purchase the goods they love for their homes. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader that enjoys scientific and technical challenges, is passionate about innovation & and is eager to make an impact by transforming Wayfair Search Engine through advance Machine Learning & Deep Learning techniques.
What You’ll Do
- Own the multi-year vision for the development of how we algorithmically surface results to user queries
- Work cross-functionally with Wayfair engineering, data science & product organisations to define and execute the technical road map
- Lead a team that applies state of the art machine learning, including Deep Learning and NLP, to transform how we enable users to search on our site
- Oversee the algorithm development process, focussing on fast model iteration & testing to measure and evaluate success
What You’ll Need
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields; PhD preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience with at least 5 years leading multi-disciplinary technical teams: scientist, engineers, and varied levels of experience
- Interest in Search, good command of general Machine Learning techniques (including Deep Learning), Information Retrieval & Natural Language Processing
- Relevant experience designing & implementing customer facing systems: scalable, fast & resilient
- Track record of delivery large cross-functional projects
- Good understanding of experimentation techniques for design of A/B tests to measure impact
- Communication skills that can influence across organizations
To apply for this job please visit www.wayfair.com.