Principal GPM for STCA Bing Relevance PM Team
Microsoft is looking for a strong Group Program Manager to lead the future of Microsoft’s search engine, Bing. As GPM of Bing Relevance PM Team in STCA, you will be responsible for applying the latest AI technologies to deliver the highest-quality search results to 450M monthly active users around the world! Your team will be accountable for a roadmap towards solving the needs of our users by building the most relevant, freshest, and authoritative results while being strategically differentiated from our biggest competitors. Bing is the world’s only credible alternative to Google so the social responsibility is high. Bing’s quality is reliant on the great technology underneath we need a PM team that can lead highest quality engineers and scientists to apply cutting edge artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies towards solving challenging customer problems for Bing. Specifically, we want to take state of the art natural language understanding research from research institutions like Microsoft Research and apply them to unraveling real user problems in our products and pushing the limits of what AI can do for our customers.
About the Team
The STCA Bing Relevance team is a diverse and inclusive team inside Microsoft’s AI and Research division. We are looking for great PM candidates to help us realize our vision of an Intelligent Search Engine which saves users time! We believe great products are built by healthy teams of diverse, customer obsessed individuals that trust each other. We collaborate regularly across the company from MSR to find the greatest breakthroughs to the rest of Microsoft to infuse AI into as many products as possible.
If you are passionate about working on the latest and hottest areas that will help you develop skills in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, , AI Experimentation and Cloud Platforms, this is the team you’re looking for!
About the Role
Our user research has shown that search is still an unsolved problem. Users complain they must dig through too many results, they don’t know which content they can trust, and many times results aren’t relevant enough. We want Bing’s search results to be relevant, fresh, authoritative and differentiated.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Hire, build, and grow a talented and diverse PM team
• Leverage your superb interpersonal skills to formulate a growth mindset and culture of innovation, excellence, and experimentation
• Understand current user needs and opportunities through user research studies and large-scale data analysis
• Identify relevant industry trends in AI to formulate a differentiated product vision of what is possible tomorrow that is not today
• Define goals and metrics for a successful solution by thinking deeply through the scenarios
• Develop a strategy and differentiated value proposition for Bing
• Construct a teamwide set of roadmaps to deliver on the value proposition
• Work with a worldwide team of dedicated engineers and scientists to implement your vision
• Work with product marketing to acquire new customers
• Formulate release criteria for an MVP and drive a team of engineers and scientists to build, measure, learn and iterate towards a successful solution
• Provide requirements to backend platform and frontend UX teams to scale the solution out
• Guide MSR towards solving the future long-term AI problems we will face
We are seeking a gifted Group Program Manager who is customer focused, strategic, drives for results, is self-motivated, and has a propensity for action. We work with a very diverse team across many borders and boundaries so great interpersonal skills is a must.
• 10+ years of product management, engineering, or equivalent experience
• Experience in people management
• Great organizational, analytical, data science skills and intuition
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Fantastic problem solver; ability to solve problems that the world has not solved before
• Passion in deep data analysis and metrics.
• Customer empathy with incredible interpersonal, negotiating, and influencing skills
• Strong business and strategic sense to maximize product market fit
• Superb design intuition and extremely creative
• MBA or advanced technical degree such as MS or PhD
• Product leadership experience driving engineers and scientists with PhDs
• 10+ years of experience in people management
• Background in machine learning, algorithms, large scale systems, and statistics, preferably hands on
• A start up mentality to move and iterate quickly and aren’t afraid to cross responsibility expectations by coding or designing mockups
• Experience in working with cloud and distributed systems
• Familiarity with deeply algorithmic topics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.