Website Beam Solutions
Beam is disrupting a $7.5 billion compliance software market. Beam’s scalable technologies incorporate new data sources for our bank and fintech partners, helping make the financial system safer while maximizing the value and utility of critical compliance resources. As an engineer at Beam, you will be building large scale, comprehensive, elegant, and easy to operate compliance solution for fintechs, large banks, small banks, credit unions, and broker-dealers.
Beam is a rapidly growing venture-backed startup led by industry veterans. With a strong product vision and an experienced development team, our product has been well-received by customers and we’re excited to grow. As a member of the engineering team at Beam you will be a critical asset responsible for many tasks and systems that span our entire product and internal infrastructure. As part of the R&D team you will be part of shaping the technological landscape, build new products, add and improve features, and scale and maintain the systems that keep our customers happy. You will also build internal tools and systems to help streamline and optimize internal initiatives.
We are looking for a seasoned Data Engineer with experience building and automating web crawling and data ingestion pipelines. You will be responsible for streamlining, automating and integrating the collection and delivery of structured and unstructured data that will drive Beam’s internal intelligence suite to produce sophisticated features for machine learning and data analysis. You feel comfortable switching hats between software development, gathering business requirements, and devops tasks. You take pride in owning and maintaining the technical work environment. You enjoy learning new technologies and sharing your code with others. Lastly, you have been looking for an opportunity where you can use your passion and skills for a greater good against financial crime.
Our main office is located in the Jackson Square district of San Francisco and we offer a generous full range of benefits.
- Collaborate with the R&D team to architect and build a distributed cloud-based SaaS solution for transaction monitoring.
- Champion Beam’s data intelligence efforts to scrape, ingest, and process external data sources. Your work will be consumed by Beam’s internal intelligence suite to produce sophisticated features and by our customers’ operational teams in form of tabular, geo-mapped, and image-like data.
- Actively build and deploy cutting-edge search intelligence solutions.
- Permanently identify efficiency opportunities to scale our product and the team behind it.
- Explore, evaluate and integrate new data pipelines.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience, or 1+ years plus a relevant Master’s degree.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proficient in machine learning and ETL frameworks.
- Strong understanding of building data pipelines and data lakes.
- Expert in working with large scale data processing using Hadoop stack.
- Solid understanding of NoSQL database modeling and design.
- Experience with cloud infrastructures such as AWS and related big data technologies (Red Shift, DynamoDB, EMR, etc.)
- Hands on experience working with social media data sources.
- Strive in a fast-paced environment.
- Business driven and result-oriented individual.
- Obsessive in delivering quality software.
- Passionate about open source.
- Relentless in keeping solutions secure.
- Effective communication & collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with containerization related management stacks like Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Worked in a financial services context related to risk management.
- Experience in blockchain technology and crypto-currency.
- Open source contributor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristic. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for Hiring, Beam will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit www.beamsolutions.com.