Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. We are looking for a Director of Engineering that will build and manage our Relevance team that powers some of the most important and visible search functionalities within the Tinder app. In this role, you will have the opportunity to implement innovative ranking solutions to increase long-term user satisfaction.
- Lead Search & Relevance team, which solves challenging ranking problems related to search and interest recommendations at massive Scale.
- Manage building scalable, highly available, performance infrastructure that power relevance and ranking across multiple use cases.
- Provide the best possible search experience to our users that helps them find who or what they are looking for with minimal effort.
- Establish best practices and standards for creating high scale services with SOA/Microservices
- Build effective partnerships to achieve high impact objectives
- Lead and mentor team members and managers to reach their full potential
- Drive strategic plans and tactical execution that align with business goals
- Recruit and develop team members at all levels
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of industry engineering experience
- 5+ years experience managing engineering teams and developing managers
- 2+ Experience building relevance and ranking infrastructure at a consumer facing company
- Strong knowledge and experience of modern client-server systems, machine learning powered relevance, engineering tools, architecture, technologies and best practices
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match, and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment
To apply for this job please visit www.gotinder.com.