Twitter is the best place to see and talk about what’s happening right now. We’re looking for a Director of Product to lead all aspects of Search on Twitter, from search experience through to health and relevance. You’ll help us build a team of Product Managers to focus on different aspects of the search experience and work closely with internal teams to help people find what they’re looking for on Twitter.
As Director of Product for Search, you will be responsible for developing our search strategy and roadmap and accountable for its execution. The ideal candidate will leverage strong organizational skills and deep subject matter expertise to partner with design, research, engineering, and other feature teams to improve the search experience on Twitter. It will be up to you and your team to determine what we prioritize for our customers in our search experience, lay the foundation of the work that needs to be done, and bring the vision to life while continuously seeking feedback on what our customers make of the experience.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have proven experience building and shipping a variety of consumer
products with a strong track record of advocacy for the customer and forming strong teams.
You might be the ideal candidate if:
- You have a strong history delivering consumer products (10+ years) and a deep understanding of product design.
- You have experience building search products or domain expertise in search or Machine Learning.
- You have an extensive portfolio of work showcasing consumer products you’ve helped bring to life, demonstrating attention to detail and high quality execution
- You have worked at a global consumer-focused technology company where you have managed a team of PMs for at least 2 years.
- You are dedicated to keeping the customer at the center of all product and design decisions that are made to improve the overall experience.
- You have a solid understanding of engineering, familiarity with machine learning and data science, and technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of world-class engineers.
- You have experience working with designers to create useful, usable, beautiful, delightful products.
- You excel at translating customer problems & ideas into product requirements.
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about encouraging the flow of ideas from all levels of your team.
- You facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between members of your team, as well as with other members of leadership and senior executives.
- You are invested in the overall health and success of Twitter as a company, and know when to balance the needs of your team and the needs of the general business.
- You receive feedback openly and graciously, and deliver feedback to your team or other stakeholders in ways that are respectful and actionable.
- You are accountable and communicative when it comes to meeting deadlines and ship dates.
- You have strong relationship building and team development skills.
- You are able to balance competing priorities and deliver results/ship on time.
- You enjoy making difficult things happen, and solving the many challenges along the way.
- You have exceptional communication and writing skills.
- You are patient, determined, flexible, and open-minded.
- You have unimpeachable ethics and excellent judgment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.twitter.com.