About the job
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of product management or related experience.
- Experience leading a team of product managers.
- Experience working with information retrieval, Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and/or quality-driven products.
- Master’s degree or PhD.
- Experience working in a matrixed team structure and influencing across product areas.
- Experience in balancing out product priorities against budget and timelines.
- Experience in the full lifecycle of product management and leading end-to-end product development to include: providing product vision and roadmaps, writing exceptional PRDs, and bringing to market high visibility and complex products on time.
- Ability to influence without authority, working on and with technical and cross-functional or highly matrixed teams that do not directly report to the role.
- Excellent communication skills.
About The Job
As a Director of Product Management, you will manage a distributed team of product managers in a complex and matrixed environment while owning the future vision and roadmap of a core product. You will work closely with the teams across the Search and Assistant organization.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Drive a vision and product roadmap, while delivering high quality and impactful launches.
- Partner closely with Engineering, UX and other Google Product Management teams to create, drive and deliver an innovative, compelling and user-friendly experience to our customers.
- Inspire and grow a team of product managers and collaborate with a large team of dedicated engineers.
- Unlock roadblocks at corporate level and cultivate collaboration with senior product leaders across Google through leadership, creativity, intelligence and presence.
- Develop and grow talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning and retention strategies for key talent in a fast growth, highly competitive economic environment.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form .
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.