- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of professional experience in engineering, with experience in technical and organizational leadership.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Domain experience in infrastructure, distributed systems, natural language and query understanding, Machine Learning and AI.
- Experience motivating others to act by creating a shared sense of vision or purpose, creating a compelling vision for the future, communicating clearly, and using a collaborative leadership approach.
- Ability to think in a strategic manner to develop innovative offerings and to operate effectively with a global mindset and across regional boundaries.
- Ability to thrive in and navigate ambiguity.
About the job
As people in the world rely more and more on Google for Answers, we constantly improve our structured understanding of Natural Language questions. We apply cutting-edge techniques, borrowing from the field of Natural Language Understanding and Machine Learning to improve the coverage and the depth of the answers that we provide to our large user-base. In this role, you will manage the teams responsible for query understanding and answers across multiple sites. You will partner closely with technical leads in the field, and establish a cohesive and innovative roadmap for the area.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Serve as a principal thought partner with technical leaders and principal engineers to set strategic direction.
- Partner with key stakeholders across product groups to ensure a cohesive strategy and vision. Advance a simplified and unified knowledge platform across groups.
- Manage a distributed team, and mentor, develop and grow future leaders.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.