Website Best Buy
Best Buy’s Digital and Technology Team is not just a software engineering team; we’re a software engineering community, and we leverage cutting edge technology to deliver Best Buy’s digital solutions.
The Search team is a cross-functional team comprised of extremely talented individuals. We are evolving the search engine that drives product listing pages on BestBuy.com. On a daily basis, we encounter and solve interesting engineering challenges, using the latest technology and frameworks, which allows our platform to easily scale to meet the demands of a top 5 e-commerce site.
What you will do as an Engineering Manager:
- Manage the delivery efforts for a portion of an agile team of highly skilled, collaborative, and energetic software engineers
- Foster the career development for software engineers that comprise your direct reports within the Search team
- Lead application design and solution design for efforts within the Search team
- Develop and review code using current and leading-edge programming languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases, including concept, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams to solve problems of a top 5 e-commerce website
- Share and champion ideas that evolve how we build our software product
- 6 years of development experience using languages such as Java and a Bachelor’s degree, or 8+ years of experience without a Bachelor’s degree
- 6 years of experience building web applications using Java, Spring, and REST
- Strong working knowledge of modern engineering concepts including Design Patterns, Domain-Driven Design, and Microservices
- Knowledge of all of the following specifications: HTML, JSON, and REST
- Disciplined software engineering habits including TDD, Automated Unit Testing
- 1 year of experience leading small technical teams
- Experience with modern web application tools and technologies including RESTFUL Web Services, Spring Boot, Splunk, JMeter
- 2 years of experience developing automated unit tests using Junit or Spock
- 2 years of experience in automated testing applications
- 2 years with Lucene based search technologies, such as Apache Solr
- 2 years of experience using NoSQL data stores, such as Cassandra
- 2 years of experience using Messaging technologies, such as AMQP, Kafka
- Exposure to one or more Cloud Computing Platforms, such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure
- Experience with reactive programming frameworks, such as Spring WebFlux, Akka Streams
- Experience with off-heap caching solutions, such as Memcached
- Experience with container/orchestration platforms, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Experience with ML or deep learning.
To apply for this job please visit www.bestbuy-jobs.com.