Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life’s not about a job, it’s about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we’ll do what’s right (not what’s easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who We Are: Twitter is serving the public conversation, and conversations are happening on Twitter every day about every subject and any event. The Search and Recommendations teams job is to connect our users to the conversations and people that are relevant to them.
Search and Recommendations builds infrastructure and models to support this mission across multiple product areas. We are responsible for the recommendations you see under Search, Explore, Trends, Topics, as well as a portion of your Home Timeline. The unrivaled challenges that we face at Twitter are both the data scale and the real-time nature of the product. How do you find the most meaningful content among hundreds of millions of new tweets for hundreds of millions of users every day at Twitter? We build large scale personalized recommendation engines utilizing different kinds of signals such as social network, user activity, and geolocation. Most of our work is about trend detection, search understanding and retrieval, graph algorithms, recommendation systems, distributed systems, and social graph analysis.
What You’ll Do: We are looking for Engineering managers that can provide leadership to their teams and guide them in achieving this mission of connecting users with content most relevant to them on Twitter. You will lead diverse, capable, and driven Systems and ML Engineers and align their career ambitions with business requirements and opportunities. You will collaborate broadly to develop products and technologies to achieve the mission.
- Lead the vision and mission for your group. Be responsible for the group’s technical strategy and roadmap.
- Mentor the professional development of direct reports, managers, and senior ICs, through personal and performance management.
- Form a collaborative team.
- Build strong relationships with Design, User Research, Product, and other functions, and partner with them to deliver value to our users.
- Be an engineering talent magnet to make the team successful in its established mission.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong software engineering background and have built relevance driven products.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale. You care about setting up healthy, distributed teams, and collaborative environments.
- You have led multiple teams with responsibility for machine learning & software development in production.
- You are skilled at coaching and guiding your directs through their careers and growing them to the next level.
- You’re capable of communicating & collaborating with our business, product, engineering, design, and research colleagues to discover new opportunities that benefit Twitter.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science with a focus on machine learning, mathematics, or a related quantitative field or commensurate work experience. Strong background in software engineering.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a large engineering organization, both in terms of scale and complexity of the mission.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit careers.twitter.com.