Technical Program Managers in Search lead cross-team engineering efforts for Facebook that help People find and discover People, Communities and Content that they care about. Our Search Relevance team builds and leverages online and offline metrics as well as an evaluation platform to enable high-scale machine learned Search ranking. This role is part of the core Search team that powers the ranking of the Search suggestions as well as results pages. In this position, you will build the roadmap and lead the engineering execution defining and operationalizing a Core area within Relevance. This is a core and critical part of Search because most of the team’s ranking models are based on high-scale Machine Learning techniques. You’ll do that while working closely with some of the world’s most talented Ranking/Product Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Researchers and Product Managers to define the long-term vision and feature requirements for the team. You’ll also provide cross-team and executive presentations to gain buy-in from key stakeholders. Search Technical Program Managers are a group of passionate individuals who go deep on learning their teams’ systems and then leverage this technical knowledge to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. The Search TPM works horizontally to create long-term value for Facebook Search by promoting the right technologies for productivity, stability, and growth. New hires in this role go through engineering bootcamp, are expected to build an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture and are embedded into the engineering and PM organization. As peers to Engineering Managers and Product Managers, Search TPMs heavily contribute to planning, negotiating cross-team dependencies, representing the voice of the customer, and are expected to shine as a valuable addition to the Search organization.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up to date on technological developments.
- Determine who your customers are and communicate technical requirements to teams you depend on.
- Reduce surprises during execution and own progress reporting.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering teams to define your team’s strategy.
- Make your technical stack transparent with great data sets, reporting and documentation.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, or similar tech experience including 2+ years of program/product management experience.
- 2+ years of experience working on services applying machine learning or related approaches.
- 1+ years of experience in Search or related Metrics/Ranking experience (e.g. Ads, Recommendations etc.).
To apply for this job please visit facebook.com.