We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed’s search results. We ensure that our results are ranked as best as they can be for our job seekers and that they’re not being duped by scams or fraud. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate A/B tests. Simply put, we help people get the right jobs.
The Senior Taxonomy Analyst is responsible for steering taxonomy-focused initiatives, developing taxonomies and ontologies, and working collaboratively with cross-functional partners in order to significantly improve the job search experience for millions of Indeed users. This is a project-focused role without direct people management responsibilities.
As an ideal candidate, you’ve been described as driven, curious, enthusiastic, analytical, and detail-oriented. You balance strong organizational skills with flexibility, understanding and embracing the ambiguity that comes with working on a rapidly developing team. You naturally find problems and delight in identifying their solutions. Most importantly, you believe in user-centered design and are excited to help people get jobs.
* Lead taxonomy- and ontology-focused projects, collaborating closely with Search Relevance team members, developers, and product managers
* Develop taxonomies and ontologies, offering feedback and guidance on taxonomy best practices
* Submit feature requests for internal tools, describing use cases with an eye toward efficiency
* Create and document workflows for taxonomy analysts and associates
* Communicate with stakeholders and external vendors
* Track the results of UX research, A/B tests, and other feedback mechanisms, implementing improvements as necessary
* Train and mentor junior team members
* Implement taxonomy governance processes across the organization
* Suggest ways to improve and scale our products and internal tools
* 3+ years of experience in a taxonomy-, ontology-, or metadata-focused role, preferably leading large-scale projects
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
* Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
* Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
* Comfort with emerging technology and willingness to learn new systems as needed
* Experience analyzing large datasets
* Strong background in research and analysis, including the ability to evaluate source authority
* Ability to context switch between systems-level thinking and attention to minute details
* Honed time management skills and demonstrated success in handling multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities
* Ability to balance quick decision-making with attention to quality and accuracy
* Proficiency with Google G Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Hangouts, etc.)
* Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent work experience
* Project management experience, preferably in an agile environment
* Knowledge of SQL or SPARQL
* Able to read and write in a language other than English
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.jobs.