Yahoo Search Engineer
Take Yahoo and AOL, fuse them and you get a media and technology company operating at massive global scale. It takes powerful technology to connect our combined media brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Oath’s employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. And we’re only getting bigger. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in? Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Yahoo is the world’s largest startup. We move fast, take risks, and are relentlessly focused on engineering excellence. Yahoo Search products are built to meet aggressive performance, scalability, and reliability requirements, and our system spans cutting edge front-end, back-end, and big-data technologies.
Yahoo Search is one of the most highly-scaled web platforms on the planet, serving over 100 million global users every month across Yahoo branded sites and partner networks. We are hiring front-end, back-end, and pipeline engineers, data scientists, research engineers, and architects who love to build robust and scalable software systems to meet our incredibly ambitious user experience, performance, and revenue goals.
You have a passion for building things that scale. You’re eager to learn new technologies. You thrive under pressure and love to work in a dynamic team environment that executes to hit ambitious goals.
* Build a modern search infrastructure that can accelerate product rollouts across multiple devices, markets and partners
* Build and evangelize a search ecosystem that leverages and exposes the rich content from other services and other Yahoo properties effectively
* Influence product direction
* Define future technology choices
* Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams across the organization
* Lead and mentor junior engineers
* A keen customer focus for continuous product and systems improvement
* Experience building and operating highly available web scale distributed system
* A data driven mindset for product prioritization and systems engineering
* Expertise in front-end technologies, PHP7, and/or C++
* Strong Linux/Unix skills
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Experience in scalable serving systems, front-end technologies, edge/proxy technologies, and/or search domain extremely desirable
MS or PhD preferred
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
To apply for this job please visit oath.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.