Come join a team of world-class engineers building ThoughtSpot’s relational search engine. We are looking for engineers with a proven track record of being industry visionaries to join the team responsible for building ThoughtSpot’s natural language relational search engine, personalized data exploration engine, universal object search engine, AI powered ranking and relevance engine, distributed in-memory search indexing infrastructure and much more.
- On a mission! To make the world more fact-driven. With ThoughtSpot, anyone from C-suite executives to front-line employees can use a simple search to instantly analyze billions of rows of data, and leverage artificial intelligence to get relevant insights on questions they might not have thought to ask.
- Used by the most successful companies – companies like Walmart, Hulu, 7Eleven, and Rolls-Royce
- A leader in the BI Gartner magic quadrant for two years running. It is also the fastest company to enter the leader quadrant.
- Blessed with amazing people and culture: We are very deliberate about building a culture focused on #selfless-excellence, continuous learning, and improvement (#2%done), and diversity (#balanceforbetter) where everyone can do their best work and is seen, heard and valued.
- Backed by the best Investors – $248M at a nearly $2B valuation.
What you will be doing…
- Architect and develop systems, methodology, novel architectures, and benchmarks powering ThoughtSpot’s search engine.
- Provides guidance in the investigation and solution of complex problems affecting overall system architecture of projects.
- Work with diverse, cross-functional teams of designers, UX researchers, engineers, product managers in a fast, collaborative process.
- Drive Internal/external visibility for ThoughtSpot through panels, patents, papers, talks, blog posts, and open source.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor and grow people in your team to be more productive and grow as engineers.
If you are looking to solve hard problems, work with amazing people, and have fun while building the future of analytics – this role is for you!
Who you are…
- Technical – You love technology. You love to discuss it, build it, use it, leverage it, and stay abreast of the latest developments.
- Problem Solver – You are inspirational in problem-solving, algorithmic thinking, and programming skills along with computer science fundamentals.
- 10+ years of experience crafting world-class products & experiences.
- Exceptional expertise in one or more areas of search, distributed systems, AI/ML, NLP, personalization, Recommender Systems and are known for major innovation and creativity in these areas.
- Exceptional expertise in building large systems with high scale and performance.
- Exceptional expertise in designing systems with clean architecture and beautiful code.
- Recruiter & Team builder
- You are always looking for & hiring the best talent to ThoughtSpot.
- You understand the value of great teams and do what you can to help create amazing high performing teams.
- You enjoy collaborating with and mentoring others. You take pride in making others better.
- Self-Motivated – You are role model for driving big impact changes in the software and organization through your exceptional skills in spotting and removing big rocks.
- Customer obsessed – You are obsessed with making customers successful. You build software with customers in mind and get satisfaction by having satisfied customers. You go out of your way to help customers be successful.
Why do engineering at ThoughtSpot?
We are a team co-founded by engineers who built search and infrastructure systems at Google, database systems at Microsoft, and enterprise software at Oracle. As an engineer, you can learn how to build distributed products & systems, and the engineering processes & best practices around shipping high-quality software.
At ThoughtSpot, you have the ownership and responsibility to take charge and accelerate your career that comes with a scaling company, while having the opportunity to build deeper expertise than an early-stage startup. You will work alongside experts in product, design, sales, and customer success, giving you the time and energy to focus on engineering. You will also get the chance to be part of a truly globally distributed engineering team.
More About ThoughtSpot
ThoughtSpot is helmed by CEO Sudheesh Nair after being co-founded in 2012 by Ajeet Singh and technical co-founders from Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Oracle. Backed by investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Geodesic Capital, and Capital One Growth Ventures, ThoughtSpot has raised over $550 million to date at a unicorn valuation.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.