Snag is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to help grow our brand and business by building the technology that powers the largest job site for hourly workers in the country. We’re working hard to help our 95+ million registered job seekers find their right fit jobs.
You’ll be joining the Search and Relevancy team — the team responsible for the core API that provides relevant job postings and recommendations to our website and other services. Just as important, you’ll be working with our data scientists to productionalize our machine learning pipelines and models so that we can deliver on our company mission: to put people in the right fit position so that they may maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives.
Our tech stack includes Python, Flask, Java, Elasticsearch, Kafka, MongoDB, Docker, AWS, CircleCi, Git, and other technologies. You might not have experience in every area but if you have a drive to learn and grow, we encourage you to apply.
What Snag Can Promise You
When you join the Snag Engineering team, you’ll be working on a high-volume, high-traffic site that gets over 50 million visits a month! But that’s just the start of it. You get to contribute more than just code; we get together every two weeks to present ideas, so you’ll influence what we build and how we build it. Expand your skills with our weekly tech talks and book clubs. Learn about, and experiment with, new technologies/ideas in our monthly hack days and chapter meetings. Engineering at Snag isn’t just about keeping the lights on and the site running. It’s a place for you to learn and grow in a supportive team environment.
What You Get to Do
- Author clean code that is technically correct, automatically tested, and comprehensible by team members
- Participate in code reviews of your own and team member’s contributions
- Interact with product managers to understand and develop technical requirements of user stories
- Participate in discussions planning out the technical implementation of business features
- Provide constructive feedback to colleagues and mentorship to other developers
- Build and/or enhance data pipelines to improve data and search platforms
- Building proof of concepts to enhance data and search platforms
What You’ll Bring
- A desire to never stop learning, a deep passion about technology, and a collaborative mindset to work with others to ensure end-to-end design and delivery
- A strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills and an interest in solving tackling diverse technical challenges. Design and develop quality code, follow coding best practices and adhere to the GitHub fork and pull request model for collaboration
- Background in developing multi-tiered web applications using HTTP, JSON and REST APIs
- Database development experience using both Relational and NoSQL environments such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server
- Knowledge in Data Streaming Frameworks (Kafka, Spark Streaming) and API(s) is a plus
- Knowledge of microservice architectures, containerization, cloud based hosting (AWS), and stateless service architectures
- Experience with Elasticsearch or machine learning a huge plus!
- Experience and desire to work in an Agile environment following Scrum methodologies
- The ability to live by Snag’s core values – solidarity, candor, unconvention, fire – by being an ally, speaking hard truths, questioning the status quo, and always doing whatever it takes to meet our mission of putting people in the right fit positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives
At Snag, we celebrate our differences in an inclusive workplace designed to support the things that make us individuals. Snag is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire gives us the opportunity to bring in a fresh new perspective to further diversify our company for the benefit of our employees, products and our community.
Snag offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, PTO, paid community service time, and a casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. What Snaggers love most is our commitment to work-life blend and the amazing leaders who are dedicated to helping their teams grow personally and professionally. Snag promotes a culture of community and support, so once a Snagger, always a Snagger. We pride ourselves on keeping it real and not being afraid to challenge the status quo.
Snag, the country’s largest and fastest-growing platform for hourly work, connects more than 95 million registered job seekers with employment opportunities at 470,000 employer locations in the US and Canada. Snag’s mission is to put people in the right fit positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. Through Snag, workers gain the flexibility of working when and where they choose while employers are assured every shift stays filled. For more information, visit www.snag.co or connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
To apply for this job please visit www.snagajob.com.