OpenTable is looking for a product lead for search.
OpenTable is a beloved consumer brand (with an NPS of 77), and one of the world’s most successful hyperlocal marketplaces. We connect with tens of thousands of restaurants and with hundreds of millions of diners every year, facilitating billions of dollars in sales.
As a product manager at OpenTable, you’ll own the product vision and roadmap for search, working closely with data science, search engineering, and our platform teams. You will have significant influence, and need to work both strategically (figuring out what we’re trying to accomplish and why) and tactically (figuring out how we’re going to accomplish the goals you’ve set).
We are looking for a person who is hungry to significantly scale a business — not just grow it .01 percent. You’ve launched successful new consumer-facing products and iterated on them. You’ve led with influence and rallied other product teams to your cause. You’ve been a force-multiplier for a large engineering team. You’ve successfully managed the trade-offs between technical debt and new features. You’ve built products in domains where performance matters. You’re eager to learn from failures – not just from successes.
- Product lead for search engineering and data science ranking and relevance teams
- Quickly understand search, autocomplete, and query understanding; own product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Set and meet ambitious goals
- BA/BS; graduate degree a plus, technical degree a strong plus
- 2+ years of product management experience; experience in search, data science / machine learning, and API-heavy products a plus
- Exceptional collaboration skills; ability to gain the respect of your design, engineering and marketing counterparts
- Data-centricity; a deep curiosity of metrics, the ability to identify the right metrics and track and report back on impact
- Creativity; you will have lots of fresh ideas and be hungry to test them and see the results
- Strongly technical
Ideal candidates have:
- Worked on a successful consumer search product, and on many parts of the product: Ranking & relevance, UX, and performance engineering
- Worked closely with data science team building models
- Any restaurant or hospitality experience is a plus, whether it was managing a fine dining restaurant or working as a hostess in college.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 25 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 45,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1.5 billion diners in over 20 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.