PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
Search is an important aspect of user experience for SAP Ariba. The Platform team builds and maintains the Search service which powers search functionality on all SAP Ariba Applications and Ariba Network. To enable great search experience, SAP Ariba now uses a semantic search engine which is built on latest technology stack and uses multiple machine learning models to provide relevant search results to SAP Ariba end users. It is important for the Search service to implement the latest research to improve the performance of the engine. We work closely with product managers and architects from all SAP Ariba solution to design the specific search experience and integrations as required by the unique needs of each SAP Ariba solution. We are looking for a passionate Product Manager who can see the big picture while keeping track of the details.
EXPECTATION AND TASKS
You will be a member of the SAP Ariba Platform product management team. Your role will be to:
- Develop and maintain the strategic and technical roadmap for the search service.
- Work closely with product managers and architects of different SAP Ariba solutions to understand their use cases and gather requirements for the search service.
- Convert the end user search experience needs of different SAP Ariba solutions in to actionable, engineering-facing requirements.
- Work with relevance engineers to monitor and fine-tune the relevance quality performance on continuous basis.
- Work with data scientists to define, develop and evaluate machine learning models required in the search engine.
- Based on technical feasibility, sustainability, team estimates and capacity, decide appropriate release timelines for content, adjusting features and priorities as needed.
- Prepare product backlog for sprint planning. Communicate and explain the product backlog to the team.
- Develop, collect and communicate metrics on solution performance
- Work with SAP Ariba leadership to ensure vision and mission for the Search product aligns with overall intelligent spend management strategy.
- Drive adoption of the semantic search engine across SAP Ariba solutions and potentially other lines of business under Intelligent Spend Management.
- Identify and overcome barriers to success of solutions in specific markets by working collaboratively with the field.
- 10+ years of total experience in software, with strong communication and listening skills.
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably with cloud applications software dealing with big data.
- Strong core product management skills.
- Experience working with Solr or ElasticSearch is preferred.
- Understanding of basic concepts in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing is an advantage.
- Ability to understand application architectures and work closely with architects in Search and Application teams.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sap.com.