Website Goldman Sachs
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
We aim to build a modern and digital-first cash management solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We’re a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Data Platform is a global team (New-York/London/Bangaluru) responsible for detailed technical design and development of the data-intensive capabilities using emerging technologies.
As part of our global team you will work on the data platform reporting to the Data Engineering Lead. This role focuses on architecture, development, testing and rollout of Search and Fast-layer capabilities for Transaction Banking. You are expected to drive the team’s adoption of high-availability, security, and resiliency features of the selected technologies. We expect a successful candidate to have excellent communication skills, deliver high quality systems and to be passionate about cutting edge data engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience using a modern programming language (preferably Java/Scala)
- Minimum 3 years production experience with ElasticSearch or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years production experience with Redis / ElastiCache or the equivalent
- Minimum 2 years building low-latency stream processing workflows
- Minimum 2 years building highly-available services in AWS
- S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Comfort with Agile operating models
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Experience with micro-service architecture
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
To apply for this job please visit uscareers-goldmansachs.icims.com.