We are looking for an outstanding search ranking and relevance engineer to join our team. Our team works on indexing, ranking, relevance, NLP, and machine learning and are responsible for the overall search experience for users who shop in hundreds of retailers available on Instacart. The improvements you make will help a rapidly-growing number of customers search and discover the best products in our catalog of hundreds of thousands of items.
ABOUT THE JOB
- This is a senior individual contributor role leading projects with significant impact both within the machine learning team and on the product team(s) you will collaborate with.
- You will build new machine learning models to improve ranking and query understanding techniques based on the latest research in the field. You will work on state-of-art information retrieval techniques to recall results for product search queries in an efficient way.
- You will evaluate relevance and quality of search results using state of the art methods.
- You will design and code highly scalable, machine learning applications processing large volumes of data
- You will participate in the entire development lifecycle of Search projects, from concept to production release
- You will collaborate with other Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists and Product managers in crafting and implementing your technical vision
- You will evaluate relevance quality using state of the art methods
- You will coach and mentor the next generation of strong engineers on the team
- An expert with 5+ years of industry experience in information retrieval, machine learning, and natural language processing
- Have strong engineering skills with expertise in Python and fluency in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning (scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow) tools
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a small, focused team and complete critical milestones under pressure
- Are a strong communicator who can collaborate with diverse stakeholders across all levels
- B.Sc. (required), M.S./PhD (preferred) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
To apply for this job please visit instacart.careers.