As our Principal Search and Relevance engineer within the Search and Big Data squad, you will be responsible for improving and guiding search relevance, recommendations and personalisation for over 4m users and growing! We are looking for in-depth knowledge of Elasticsearch, including the use of Elasticsearch plugins.
To support the future growth of both the business and the team, you will ensure there is a rigorous testing plan in place and mechanisms to guard against search relevance regressions will need to be implemented and monitored daily.
Search-as-you-type, organic search boosting, and personalised search is part of our near road map.
You will work closely with the broader search and data team to ensure you are provided with the data you require in order to meet and exceed our ambitious goals.
Your years of experience in search relevance, along with your deep technical understanding of Elasticsearch will ensure the success of the broader team to provide a world-class search and recommendations experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide insight and on the AWS cloud-based infrastructure running Elasticsearch.
- Improve search relevance and build out a product recommendation service
- Guard against search relevance regression
- Manage data ingestion reliability
- Collaborate with the broader team involved in delivering or processing data
- Contribute to improving the search performance and capability of the search engine.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Work in a team with a “customer first” and “team first” mentality.
- Identify and remediate pain points in the application/development lifecycle.
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and reliability.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5 years (minimum) working experience with Elasticsearch
- 3 years (minimum) experience with AWS
- Experience implementing Elasticsearch Java plugins
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as be an integral team member, and be ready for global growth and expansion plans!
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
Bonus Points For:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross – a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You’ve gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that’s okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we’d love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
– Flexible working culture
– Share incentive programs
– Generous paid parental leave
– 100% employer covered insurance
– Fun team with high-growth hustle
– Company-sponsored 401k program
– Commuter benefits program
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.