We’re Onna: A passionate, hard-working team solving one of the biggest challenges facing today’s businesses — knowledge fragmentation. We’ve built the world’s first Knowledge Integration Platform to make enterprise knowledge more accessible, useful, and private. We help some of the world’s leading companies like Facebook, Electronic Arts, Fitbit, and Slack among others, to bring together fragmented knowledge from today’s most popular workplace applications. With our platform, teams can unify, protect, search, automate, and build on top of their organization’s proprietary knowledge, allowing them to leverage it in new and intuitive ways.
Our growing list of integrations includes the likes of G Suite, Slack, Microsoft 365, Box, Dropbox and more. Our open API allows us to integrate with any cloud-based or on-premise platform, for optimal control and visibility into your most critical information. Once you’re connected to Onna, your potential use cases are limitless: eDiscovery, Compliance, Knowledge Management, Information Governance, are just a few ways Onna can empower organizations and their employees.
In 2019, we closed an $11M Series A led by Dawn Capital with the participation of our integration partners Slack Fund and Dropbox, and in 2020 we closed a $27M Series B led by Atomico with participation from Glynn Capital, as well as second-round investors from Dawn Capital, Nauta Capital, and Slack Fund. With this new investment, we’re focused on taking our product to the next level, and to do that we need amazing people.
With headquarters in New York City & Barcelona, and offices in Raleigh & Toulouse, Onna is a diverse, fast-growing team that welcomes people from all corners of the world. Our work environment is lighthearted, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. We’ll provide you with the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take your career to the next level. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to meet you!
We are looking for a motivated and talented Senior Search Engineer to join our team in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic engineer with a strong background and experience in complex and scalable projects. You’ll be responsible for using Elasticsearch, Python and other back-end technologies to translate our company’s vision into beautiful, scalable, reliable and highly optimized search applications. You’ll be part of a team that will build the best-of-breed enterprise knowledge management search engine on the market.
If you’re looking for an invigorating work place where you can let your coding skill shine and aren’t afraid of a “work hard, play hard” mindset, we want to meet you!
- Continuously learn more about our product and what’s driving results for our customers
- Code primarily in Python but also able to use the right language for the right job
- Work directly with Elasticsearch, write complex queries and relevance tuning tools, fine tune indexing options
- Participate all phases of software development lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Design and develop core features in back-end processing systems
- Work closely with developers and infrastructure engineers to design, analyze and implement functional requirements
- Deliver high quality products on time and with minimal supervision
- Provide support as needed
Qualifications & Desired skills:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr or Lucene (5+ years). Other software development experience will be more than welcome!
- Experience implementing relevance ranking algorithms and tuning search engines highly desirable
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or other cloud computing platforms
- Experience withDocker and Kubernetes
- Experience with NoSQL/SQL and demonstrated understanding of database systems
- Experience processing 100M+ record data sets
- Demonstrated experience in Unix and Git version control
We like to keep employees happy and are always looking for ways to improve our overall work culture and benefits package. Here are some of the benefits we offer at this time:
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies
- Monthly gym membership
- Commuter perks
- Personal development budget
- Monthly group activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.