Hundreds of millions of customers. Billions of queries per year. The scale and impact of Amazon Search is enormous, and we are looking for a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer to lead innovative insights for searches worldwide.
The Search Customer Experience team is responsible for the customer-facing features, information, and look & feel of search results on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices globally. We are in the Search Organization where we launch new products and innovation on a daily basis. Our team leverages sophisticated machine learning, data mining, and big data technologies to help customers discover the right products. We run usability studies and obsessively read customer feedback to improve our search experience. We partner with Amazon’s category teams, from instant video, Kindle books, and Echo, to apparel, electronics, and groceries. We partner with the teams that power search relevance, query understanding, browse, and product recommendations.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented and inventive Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to drive business results through data. You will develop new ways to measure and track our browse-based business performance, improving the customer experience by building robust technical and analytical solutions to help us better understand their needs. You will empower data driven decision making through implementing principles of data mining, data modelling and analytical skills to define and measure metrics for evaluating health of the business. You will be able to extract, integrate and work on critical data to build out data pipelines, automate reports and dashboards to communicate your findings and leverage self-service tools to internal stakeholders.
As a Senior BIE, you will be expected to be an active voice in our leadership discussions as we make decisions on our experimentation roadmap based on the customer behavior and business analytics dashboards and analyses you conceive and create.
This role requires a strong ability to both Dive Deep and Invent and Simplify: you will leverage your deep technical expertise, strong problem-solving skills and excellent leadership skills to come up with new ways to get things done. You must have strong business acumen, and both written and verbal communication skills so you can influence decisions at the Director and VP level. We expect you to collaborate with our central data engineering team, but sit with our product managers, engineering and science leaders as a crucial part of our direct team.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
· Own, design, develop, document, and manage scalable solutions for new and ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, visualizations, and dashboards to support business needs.
· Own and develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc, recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting by leveraging MySQL, Redshift, Oracle, and Quicksight skillsets
· Dive deep to understand frameworks utilized for storing data at Amazon and different tools and solutions used to gain access to it.
· Use data mining , data modelling ,data warehousing, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business
· Design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations. Present to business leaders in both ad-hoc forums and routine business reviews (MBR/QBR) to drive decisions.
· Work closely with our Search Research team to determine how to connect qualitative and quantitative research findings with tests for experiences.
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
· Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational/business planning or advanced degree
· Advanced skills in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau or similar BI tools (familiarity with Tableau preferred).
· Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required, both verbally and written.
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
· An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
· MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
· Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
· Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
· 5+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
· Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.