Senior Information Architect – Search
Engineering & Tech Operations | San Francisco, California or Seattle, Washington
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
As a Senior Information Architect focused on search, you are a customer evangelist who understands informational needs and ensures the creation of information experiences that help drive product adoption and evangelism. You are technical, an adept listener, with a passion for technology, content, and customers. You seek beauty in the portrayal of content, learning, and information and create value through clarity. As a DocuSign Information Architect focused on search, you help drive the findability of information for DocuSign product content and DocuSign content of our partnering teams. You have experience from concept definition, to terminology and metadata, and to the realities of making it easy to find content.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Content Operations.
- Develop, evaluate, run, and manage site search program and operations, developing taxonomy/metadata and site search optimization roadmap, process, and project plans to continually improve how customers find DocuSign content on our sites.
- Work cross-functionally on all aspects of search, including keyword research, analytics, content strategy, site search optimization, and implementation of technical SEO tactics.
- Consult as an expert with content specialists and website owners across DocuSign, focusing on taxonomy, metadata, semantics, and search navigational structure strategy to drive uniform standards and governance.
- Conduct collaboration and customer experience work sessions as needed to facilitate alignment across groups, to inspire customer empathy and investments that improve the customer search journey.
- Identify content needs and behaviors through research and data, and customer context-based needs, such as industry and vertical markets.
- Provide actionable recommendations to authors and stakeholders based on research and metrics.
- Monitor information investments to track them through metrics and analytics.
- Proactively seek and use input from data sources, the business, and customer feedback
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations, behaviors, and learning styles of our target audiences to increase the relevance and effectiveness of content and information.
- Use research to define areas of opportunity for organic growth and to improve site and rank visibility. Train the search learning models to ensure boosting on site search of targeted outcomes.
- Develop relevant and consistent reporting and data visualizations to support business conversations and decisions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience with successful information architecture, taxonomies, content strategist or UI information design
- 5+ years of relevant experience is with high-tech, including SaaS, learning and product content, user experience development, or taxonomy development and management
- 2+ years of experience driving search optimization strategies for a large-scale web services
- Experience managing and mentoring junior team members in design and usability
- Masters degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects
- Strong self-driven time management and prioritization abilities
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
To apply for this job please visit www.docusign.com.