Product Manager, Points-of-Interest (POI) & Addresses
Search is responsible for the services that process and deliver search location data and interactivity to our customers. Search provides street, address, and place search for countries all over the globe, in many different languages, for apps like The New York Times, . Search is a critical component to our customers’ applications, and a major partner to the Maps and Navigation organizations at Mapbox. Whether you’re trying to find a place among the vast amount of data on a global map, or to find the exact location of a venue a few miles down the road, search is in the critical path of so many of our customers’ experiences.
The POI Search team owns our search engine for places of interest, like like coffee shops, restaurants, stadiums, categories, etc. POIs are the most sought and visited places, defined by popularity of general search terms in search engines, or popularity as defined by foot traffic. Some POI categories include eateries such as restaurants, cafés, bars, nightclubs; shopping venues, travel destinations, hotels, and automotive services such as gas stations and EV charging stations.
- Define the near and long-term strategy for the team, and socialize it with stakeholders.
- Translate strategy into a tactical execution plan.
- Identify and scope out well-defined tasks for yourself and the team.
- Execute on a well-vetted product idea and drive to completion.
- Set KPIs and other metrics for measuring success of our products. Pull these metrics, analyze results, and synthesize learnings to support continuous software improvement.
- Regularly engage our customers via video conversations, emails, and in person visits to understand their needs, as well as validate our proposed solutions.
- Streamline stakeholder communications from start to end of a project. In addition to our customers, you can expect to work closely with Engineering Managers, Engineers, General Managers, the Support team, Sales team and our TAMs.
- Research and curate a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape and of modern trends in product and design.
- Build up and share product knowledge across teams, contributing to best practices that grow the entire product team within Mapbox.
- Uphold a culture of collaboration, transparency, creativity, inclusion, and data-driven decisions.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.