Website Apartment List
The Renter Product team at Apartment List defines the logged in experience for our renters, and our aspiration is to give each renter their personal renting concierge. Renting is the largest expense for the average household, and finding the right place can often be overwhelming and stressful. Apartment List is one of the largest sources of move-ins for Multi-Family rentals, and you will be responsible for helping our renters through their search process, from matching them with their preferences, to facilitating their connection to properties.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Own and develop the strategy & roadmap for delivering personalized, compelling property suggestions to renters
- Improve the relevance of the properties by transitioning our relevance engine from a rules based algorithm to a ML driven algorithm
- Own the user experience of how renters express their preferences, how results are presented, and how renters interact with them
- Take the work out of researching properties by creating delightful, data rich ways for renters to learn about great matches
- Work closely with engineers, designers, data scientists, analysts and operations to improve and realize your vision for the best renter and property experience
What you believe in / stand for:
- You believe that the best work comes from a team that’s unified in their mission – you prioritize getting everyone on the same page, and take pride that your teammates all feel the ownership and hunger to create the best experience for our users.
- Being user-centric as the first principle: whether it’s property managers, leasing agents, renters or fellow apartment listers, you can articulate the pain points of your users – you thrive on crafting insights from qualitative and quantitative research, and then brainstorming solutions with the team.
- Excellence is important to you – you want to be amongst kind, passionate people who push each other to be better.
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- Proven track record with implementing and improving search results using machine learning
- You can speak the language of search relevance – how to measure it, how it could be implemented, both to coordinate with engineering & data science, as well as communicating up to stakeholders
- 2-4 years of experience in product management – online marketplaces, productivity tools, or machine learning preferred
- Have an eye for design – you can point to past UX improvements you’ve made that resulted in material improvement to the business
Here’s what’s in it for you:
- Massive impact and visibility: You’ll have a ton of visibility as the owner for search & discovery in the company, and you will be empowered to change the trajectory of your product team and our business.
- Career development: We’re always growing, and will expect your scope & responsibilities to grow alongside your impact
- An exceptional team: our hiring bar is high and your colleagues are talented, motivated, self-starters
- Meaningful impact: Homes are core to all of us – they’re not just a big financial responsibility; homes are a place of safety and shelter, as well as a place where renters can hope to launch their hopes and dreams. Finding a home is a daunting, emotional process, and your work will make a real difference in Renters’ lives.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Apartment List is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.